THE KICK CANCER’S ASS KIT!
“Sometimes you need a little laugh when life isn’t going your way. That’s why we created a kit that will make you LOL, say “FU” to cancer and lift your spirits. This kit isn’t just cool, it’s edgy and fun, with a kick-ass theme that has everything you need for those boring hospital stays, waiting rooms, and treatment centers. It’s perfect for blowing off steam, encouraging relaxation, and helping you find your happy place - and it’s a great way to say, “You got this!” - Angelina Speier
When Kevin received his Stage IV head and neck cancer diagnosis late in 2015, Angel started a Facebook page to keep his many friends and family members updated and to create a place for Kevin to read notes of encouragement during his recovery. She named the page “Kick Cancer’s Ass, Kevin!” not knowing at the time that this small act would eventually grow into a community over 1100 strong. In keeping with the ass-kicking theme, Kevin’s nurses wrote the initials “KCAK (Kick Cancer’s Ass, Kevin!)” on his chemo bags when they mixed and administered his treatments. KCAK became a rallying cry for Kevin’s community, a nod to the warrior strength, the spirit that he gave to his fight, and a chorus we used to remind him that we were behind him.
With this in mind, we could not be more excited to introduce our newest kit to you - the KCAK, also known as the Kick Cancer’s Ass Kit.
Here’s what you’ll find in the KCAK:
- Dammit! DollⓇ - Oh Hell Ya! Someone else thinks like us! We’ll let this hilariously cute doll’s tag say it all: “Whenever things don’t go so well, and you want to hit the wall and yell, here’s a little Dammit Doll, that you can’t do without. Just grasp it firmly by the legs and find a place to slam it. And as you whack the stuffing out yell, “Dammit! Dammit! Dammit!”
- CanPlanⓇ Version 3 - We could not be more excited to be partnering with CanPlan for the KCAK. Let’s be real - shit gets crazy between appointments, labs, testing, treatments, etc. The CanPlan has everything you need in one place to keep you organized, help you stay on top of things and Get. Sh*t. Done. This is a BRAND NEW version and includes an appointment tracker, cancer timeline, cancer diet tip sheet, chemo tip sheet, support planning, self reflection exercises, and tons more.
- Bluetooth Headphones - Sometimes hospital TV doesn’t cut it. Drown out the noise or a nosy neighbor with these bad-ass headphones. No wires required.
- 399 Brain Games Book - This mix of challenges, riddles, and brainteasers is meant to “cross-train the brain”, stimulating the formation of neurons and working six key areas of cognitive function. Not only are they good for you, they’re fun - and a great distraction during long hospital stays, chemo sessions, and recovery at home.
- Peace, Love, and F*cking Happiness Adult Coloring Book - Because let’s be real, a coloring book that’s both relaxing AND hilarious is that much more fun. With 35 beautiful coloring pages that bring a little snark, swearing, and cynicism to your day, this book is perfect for relieving stress and making you laugh. It’s hard to choose between the “I Hate Inspirational Quotes” page and the “I am a ray of f*cking sunshine” one, so do yourself a favor and just color them all.
- Bright IdeasⓇ Colored Pencils - The premium colored lead in these pencils is perfect for blending and shading and offers rich, smooth, brilliant color. Stylish and bold, these are the perfect tool for all of your coloring needs.
- YumEarthⓇ Organic Lollipops - Made from fruit extracts and planet-friendly ingredients, these pops are full of flavor and free of yucky chemicals, artificial dyes, and high fructose corn syrup. These are the perfect, delicious solution to the cotton mouth that often comes as a side effect of chemo.
- Fidget Thing-y - Keep your hands busy and your mind wondering with this fun little contraption. Bend it, Twist it, Spin it.
- Deck of Cards - Keep yourself entertained with 52 card pick up
*Do you know an amazing kid who could use a Packed Kit? Stay tuned for more details about our KCBK - Kick Cancer’s Booty Kit - a PG-rated kit for kids ages 5-12, coming soon!*
You can see why we’re so excited about this kit! And we’re even more pumped to intro it at the Relay for Life in Santa Barbara on June 9. The American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life is a team fundraising event that takes place in thousands of communities all over the world. During the 12 hour event in SB, each team will have a member on the track at all times to signify that the fight against cancer never stops. There will also be tons of booths with food, games and activities.
Packed Kits will have a booth at this year’s event and the KCAK will be there in all its glory. We would LOVE to see you and give you your first glimpse of the kit, so come out to Montecito Union School from 10 a.m. - 10 p.m. to support the society’s fundraising efforts, cancer survivors and their caregivers, and the newly-launched Kick Cancer’s Ass Kit!